Close

Search Drop Down not working

Posted: one year ago Quote #265
Hello,

I am having some issues getting the search drop down functionality working. The search results page works, all my products are indexed, and everything else besides the drop-down autocomplete style results work. Is the code for this contained in a certain place that I can check? Is there a certain view with JavaScript that I can check to make sure it copied? I have tried disabling my theme to see if that was interfering. I have also removed every plugin that seems like it might interfere such as NopTemplates Instant Search. Any guidance on some things I can check for would be appreciated. If the drop down feature worked, I think our company would certainly be interested in purchasing it.
Posted: one year ago Quote #266
Dear Sir,

Make sure that Settings > Catalog Settings > "Search autocomplete enabled" is enabled (http://prntscr.com/ocxenq).

Moreover, you can find the script for autocomplete in ~/Views/Shared/Components/SearchBox/Default.cshtml around line number : 230.

Let us know if you have any other query, we are here to help you.

Thanks
Regards
Ankita Rana

Posted: one year ago Quote #267
This in combination with a couple of other things helped me figure out my issue. I had enabled that setting before, but it didn't seem to help. This time I enabled the setting and restarted the physical server the web server is running on. Then I started the Solr instance that I have running on the same box and magically it started to work. I hope this might help someone else who is having similar issues.
Posted: one year ago Quote #268
Derek wrote:
This in combination with a couple of other things helped me figure out my issue. I had enabled that setting before, but it didn't seem to help. This time I enabled the setting and restarted the physical server the web server is running on. Then I started the Solr instance that I have running on the same box and magically it started to work. I hope this might help someone else who is having similar issues.

Glad to hear it started working.
Thank you for sharing this information with us.